The At-Risk Afterschool Meals Programs connects children with the free healthy food they need in a safe, supervised location. For many kids, this is their only opportunity to access a healthy meal after the school day ends. Afterschool meals sites offer fun learning and recreational activities so kids and teens can eat a healthy meal while staying active and being with friends.
Afterschool Meals Program Details:
· Meals are FREE to children and teens ages 18 and younger
· Food served at afterschool meal sites follows USDA nutrition guidelines and are paid for by the USDA
· All the locations are in the school cafeteria. Meals must be consumed at sites. No take home meals.
· Meals are offered to not only Bessemer City School children but to all children 18 and under regardless of where they attend school.
· Sites offer learning and recreational activities for kids of all ages so they can eat, hang out with friends and take part in activities offered
· Parents don’t need to apply to the program or show proof of income
The Afterschool Meals Program not only saves you money, but ensures your kids are getting the healthy meals they need every day in a safe, supervised place.